Thursday, February 01, 2007

1/02/07

B O Y Z II M E N


I started my fascination with BoyzIIMen since I was a kid. Well, I can’t exactly recall at what age, but it doesn’t really matter does it? All that matters is that I am A BIG FAN! Who cares if I can’t carry their tune, or can’t harmonize shit! I still sing my heart out (or my lungs out, depending on who’s listening) in the showers, in the changing room, anywhere I please. I think at times, I can actually sings like Wanya. Yeah…rite!

When shedevil told about the boyz coming to town, I was ecstatic at first, and then it dawned on me. I shouldn’t be spending money on a concert when I got so much more to pay for my new house. So I told her “hmm….dun think I can make it……cos I’m moving house and all” She tried to convince me, but I think she realized that I wasn’t gonna change my mind, so she stopped trying.

2 days b4 the concert day, shedevil called me and said “What are you doing on this Saturday?” I said “Dun know, probably nothing, why?” She replied “Well, dun get too excited or anything, I’m not sure yet and I can’t promise you anything……” and I exclaimed “You’ve got tickets to BOYZIIMEN!!!!!!” “Yes, I might have some” she said. And it made my day!

She told me that there were 4 tickets, so we could both come plus 1 and that someone will need to drive and it’s not gonna be her or her friend. I had no problem of driving, or it was the least of my concern, so I said we were on!! I had a feeling Prince is a fan of the boyz, but I had to ask, to be sure. So I did, and he said yes to going and to driving. Even better! hehe. So off we go on Saturday, arriving a little early, which was good. The seats given to us were not bad at all, it was a bit to the sides, but was near enough to the stage that it was somewhat surreal – to be that close to the boyz that is.

The concert started just a tad behind schedule. When the announcement came, my hairs stood up (and not in a bad way, you creepy horror fans!) and I was so ready to be amazed by their voices in harmony. They started singing familiar numbers from their previous albums – coolyhighharmony, II, and even evolution, which is my favorite! I was so happy I sang alongside the boyz on every track, unknowingly that someone was watching – so embrassiing…. (Read – so embarrassing). And halfway through the concert, Shawn sat in front of the stage and said “Some of you may know this song, and if you do please sing along with me…” and then he started singing “There was a time, when I felt life was over and out, when you went away from me, my dying heart made it hard to breath…” And I cried inside….This was like the one song I was truly hoping to hear them sing live and they were!!! Needless to say, I pretended I was one of the boyz and went harmonizing every single word, since I know it by heart.

The last song rendered was Motownphilly and it was so appropriate, to have the concert ended on a high like that was just fantastic! I was jumping and dancing through the whole number (Yes, I did and you better believe me!).

By the time I got back, I had this really bad sore throat that lasted for 4 days. I wonder why.

2 comments:

Evan Owens said...

Um, maybe you put things in your mouth that you really shouldn't? Hehehehhe

huggyteddy said...

I certainly did NOT! or did I? hmmm....i dun know...i think i blacked out. yes, that's my story and i'm sticking to it!