Monday, January 15, 2007

13/01/07

KL – Taipei

After 4 ½ hour sleep, I was all ready for my Hawaii trip. Left home in the morning to park my car at the office because it’s much safer there than at home. Then it was onto the monorail from the office to KL Sentral, with my backpack, laptop bag and my hand luggage. I packed it full so I have no space for shopping,hehehe. Not that I was in any condition to anyway, have pretty much blown my bonus on the new house.

As I boarded the plane, I contemplated whether to take the aisle or the middle seat and since my colleague didn’t care for much, I decided to seat in the middle. Bad move!!! because seconds after I sat down, a Chinese couple came and took the seat right next to me and guess what? They had a baby with them!! I thought to myself “trouble is on the way!” cos I just know that at one point during the flight, she’ll be screaming in my ear. And she did. That and I smelled poop for at least a quarter way of the flight. Nice.

Upon reaching Taipei airport, we had to wait for about an hour for the hotel shuttle to come pick us up, so we went to a Starbucks there for drinks and to hang out. By 8pm, we were whisked away to the transit hotel, which looked somewhat questionable. The name is totally different from the itinerary and they weren’t ready to check us in. After a few communication issues, we were given our room and 15 minutes later, we were all out again, wanting to go to a much talked about night market. The market looked like any other night market anywhere else, really, like Petaling Street (only longer), Bangkok night market (with more pork!) or Thaksim in Istanbul (with less cuties – only 2 were spotted. Two!! Hardly worth the effort, hehehe). After a few hours and a couple of sore feet, we took a cab back to the hotel.

I’ll be heading to US soil tomorrow and despite our flight departing at 2:45pm, we will be picked up by 10:20am, something about “joining the bigger bus”. I have no idea what it means.

Maybe I’ll get a cutie sitting next to me on the flight tomorrow!

1 comment:

C L O S E T E D : GUY said...

Cool! Free aroma-therapy! hahahahah poor you... oh well, lesson learnt!