Monday, January 15, 2007

14/01/07

Kona – Day 1; part 2

I dressed casually for the cocktail reception. Met a lot of acquaintances from all over Asia Pacific and got to know a lot of new ones. It felt really good to re-connect after the past few years. Particularly, since I get to meet SM again for the second time since 2003. That’s a lot of years!

SM looked better than ever. And he acknowledged. Phew! Our conversation was brief, but we did talk a bit about things outside of work, which was nice. I was starting to really enjoy our conversation when the others joined us at our table. Damn it people! Can’t you see we’re occupied??!! I was waiting for the opportunity to continue our conversation. Unfortunately, the people were not going away, so we sorta talked about work-related stuff. Oh well, we’ll see whether tomorrow brings better luck.hehehe

The food was good, the prawns were all without shells and they reminded me of Karen, who simply loves em prawns!!!
I was hoping for more variety though, since besides the prawns, there were only 1 variety of sushi (plain rice wrapped in sea weed, topped with sesame seeds), chocolate ganache and mini cheesecake. The rest were the unattractive offerings of carrot and celery sticks, tomatoes and some other vegetables dip items. Yeah, sure, like I haven’t had enough of vegetables on this trip!

Oh, there were oysters too, which was nice.

Workshops will be starting early tomorrow, so am hitting the bed soon.

And by soon I mean now.

No comments: