Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Highlights of 2006

When I was 31, it was a really good year…………..

Yup, all in all, the year 2006 was pretty good……especially the fact that it ended with a month’s bonus! Yeah, yeah, I know, big deal right? Well it was, really, given the fact that the last time I got that much bonus was back in year 2000. Not that I didn’t performed (just to be clear..hehe….) but because the company just can’t afford it, or so they said.

Last year was especially tough, the bonus (and I use the term loosely), was at .3 month. 0.3 month!!!!! What the??!!!!?? I remember it well…..the news made me lost my appetite for lunch and I felt really, really angry and upset with the company. Ah well, that was in the past…..and so, I am really glad that things have turned around. And at the right time too, since I’m about to blow my budget on my new house. Ahhhh…..my new house…..my own place called home…..I think about it everyday…..almost as often as I think about sex. Wait, that doesn’t sound right. I think about sex all the time. So, maybe not. Whatever.

The year 2006 was also the last year I had my vios. Boy did I had a rough time giving it up. But the company gave me no choice. As they normally would…. “Fabia’s a great car, very safe and suitable for a family” Ah hello? Am single???!!!! Okay I have to admit that I’ve somewhat warmed up to the car now, feels good driving fast on the highway, I just miss my vios sometimes. Especially because vios has a rear speaker. Yup, my Fabia has NO rear speaker. Don’t ask me why. It just don’t. and it sucks! But then again it’s free……so, whatever. Okay, for the record, I AM GRATEFUL. There, I’ve said it.

And then there was this laptop. I didn’t think much of the 15” screen at first, but then I realized…..DVDs!!! haha….guess they know me pretty well. So, being more equipped nowadays, I have started to spend more time online, you know, reading the online dictionary, browsing through online literature, more and more reading. YEAH RITE! More like putting up profile, browsing profiles, messaging profiles, hahahah! Of course that’s not all I do. I look out for movie trailers too. Surprise huh.

And before the laptop and the new car came along, there was W810i. My first camera phone, my first walkman phone – my first cool cellphone. At least to me it is. You should have seen how happy I am (well some of you may have) when I got the phone. I wanted to take photos all the time, contemplating everytime whether I should have the handsfree ready around my neck, just in case I’ll have time to listen to music. And almost always ended up not using it. But hey, I’m entitled to a little bit of dorkyness (is that a word?) cos it’s my first. A bit like that first kiss moment, remember? No? I don’t blame you, a prince asked me that question a couple of days ago and I can’t even remember when it was that I had my first kiss. Since I got the phone, it has dropped twice. Once at a buka puasa event at Will’s, where I cursed so loudly it totally blew my ‘being cool’ demeanor that night. And the other time it was on Petaling Street,literally. It slipped from my pocket and landed right onto the wet ground. And it chipped, followed with a slightly less loud cursing (probably because it was already the second time). Ah well, like they say, shit happens.

Hmmm…..what else transpired in the year of 2006? Ahhh….CMP…..and the Ambassador’s Cup. My last stint as the leader. Had a great committee. And I’m glad that I did take the chance to reward them for their commitment. And for those who said that it should be more “open to public” and “it felt like taking an exam, not full of fun” well I say FUNTAT!! Hehe…..that felt good :)

It was also a good year socially. Had the bi-monthly ice cream session with the guys, the occasional dinners (except when I’m broke, which happens quite a lot nowadays), weekend hangouts, dvd shopping and the lots. So guys, I’m glad we’re friends! I really appreciate it. I’d go crazy without you. And I’ll try not to talk about work too much…..(key word being TRY..hehe). But yes, thanks for accommodating me. We’ll have a housewarming in a couple of months ya!

One last thing to add…….well it wasn’t really something out of 2006….more like 2nd January 2007 but I think it’s close enough to be included. Went out to KLCC and bought my first suit! Yeay!!! Spent about 4 hours browsing and was pretty close to calling it quit, but thanks to my queer eye for the queer guy stylist, I pulled through and end up with a full suit, shirt and a pair of shoes, all below my targeted budget. How cool was that! Was very, very happy. I highly recommend the stylist! J

So there it was………year 2006 in review. Plenty of other things happened for sure, but I guess I’ll add it in as it comes to mind.

And as for 2007, the first few days have been really good. Busy, but good. I’m sure there’ll be challenges, it’s inevitable, so am gonna have to adjust my approach to life a bit….spend wisely, grow further professionally, eat better, work even harder, be a better friend, be there for him, take good care of my mom, and of course recycle. Oh yeah, and get fit too. HAHAHAHAHA……. No seriously. It’s on my to do list. Am pretty sure I can do it……………….yup.

I can.............and I will..................and I better stop now while I still believe it.

Ciao!

3 comments:

C L O S E T E D : GUY said...

Bro....OK... let me see...where do I begin...

1. Skoda Fabia... ok somewhat has an elderly-like reputation in Europe...but hey, remove the skin and badge, you've got a VW Polo in your hands!

2. "Dorkyness" is a word! hahahahah

3. A suit for the new year??? Is that for a special occasion due in the year? I think birthday suits are cuter! hahahahah

My 2cents worth...peace!

Francis Ford Faggola said...

When exactly did I become Jack??? I am sooooo Will, hopeless romantic, hopelessly single...

You went thru a lot of changes last year, and upgraded quite a bit too... now with the new suit? Swanky...

"Dorkyness" is a word but I thot it's spelled with an I instead of a Y... *shrugs*

Also, would like to comment on your online flirting thing... granted I had only gotten to know you for like 6 months, but I haven't heard of your activeness b4... you want my crown as the Queen of the Sluts? I am on the lookout for worthy heirs. For a gurl who could turn abrasive, cocky creatures into puddle of saliva on the floor, you'd certainly fit the mantle... :P

huggyteddy said...

Ooops! Pardon me Will, how forgetful of me. You, being Jack.....how silly....you don't enjoy shopping like Jack, not at all...or do you?